Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Butterflies Flying Free


Our butterflies have come out of their cocoons. Here are a few pictures of them before we released them. In the picture above, you can see the last butterfly right before she emerged. This was the only one we were able to watch as it came out of the cocoon. It happened so fast. After they were all out, we watched them in their habitat. We fed them "nectar" (a sugar- water mixture sprinkled on fresh flowers) and orange slices. They drink the juice.


On the day that we released them, we let the children get one out at a time. The butterfly would crawl up on their finger, and then they would lift it out! It was exciting to watch them fly away!



7 comments:

Karalynne said...

The kids must have been so excited to be able to hold their butterflies. Thanks for sharing these photos. They are so neat!

Becky said...

Your kids are so cute and getting so big! The butterflies looked like a lot of fun. Heard you'll be in wild, wonderful West Virginia soon!!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I am so glad the kids were able to have this experience. Nature is such a special gift from God to us. I am sure they will never forget that they were able to witness the process.

Kim Davis said...

the kids are very cute I enjoyed looking at the pictures! I want to think you all for praying for Grandpa! He is doing pretty well I am in Ohio for a week visiting so I am having trouble getting on facebook! God Bless you all

Big D said...

Chris,
I just stumbled upon your blog. I'm from Fairmont too. I graduated from Fairmont West. Fair Tax Now!

Dixie said...

Thank you so much for your reply in regards to Greenfield Village. It looks like we need to plan on several days as my boys will definitely want to see Ford Museum.

Dixie

Unknown said...

Pictures of butterflies are beautiful. The most basic pictures of nature often reveal God's beauty.