Thursday, September 6, 2007

Republican Presidential Debate

Last night, the candidates for President on the Republican side (minus Fred Thompson) participated in a debate. It's time to start looking at candidates to support, especially with many states making efforts to move their Primary Elections to January. Each candidate has his flaws, but I am leaning towards supporting Gov. Huckabee at this point. In an earlier debate, the moderator asked the candidates who believed in Creation over Evolution to raise their hands. Only three did -- Gov. Huckabee, Sen. Brownback, and Rep. Tancredo. Their answer to that question also answers unasked questions about their view of the validity of the Bible, the Source for moral values, and their view of God.

The following video clip shows an exchange between Gov. Huckabee and Rep. Paul. I like the Governor's statement near the end of this clip that honor is more important than winning elections.



There will be another debate on September 17th at 7:30 PM. You will be able to view it online at www.afa.net. Be sure to watch, so you can have an informed vote, come Primary Season!

1 comment:

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Very Interesting. I am glad to get the info. and I will put the next debate on my calendar. I definitely agree that honor should be more important that a political party. I liked the "under God" part too. I just read in a secular women's magazine that if we are going to have patriotic kids that we are going to have to do it at home. The public schools are backing off from even saying the pledge because of the fear of offending someone. Another reason why I would never send my kids into the system.