Thursday, November 8, 2007

If all desserts were this expensive ...

... we'd have no problem dieting!!

This news story tells about the Frrrozen Haute Chocolate. Guinness World Records researchers determined the $25,000 frozen hot chocolate was the most expensive dessert in the world.

It includes
a blend of 28 cocoas, including 14 of the most expensive and exotic from around the globe. It is infused with 5 grams (0.2 ounces) of edible 23-karat gold and served in a goblet lined with edible gold. At the base of the goblet is an 18-karat gold bracelet with 1 carat of white diamonds.

The sundae is topped with whipped cream covered with more gold and a side of La Madeline au Truffle from Knipschildt Chocolatier, which sells for $2,600 a pound.

It is eaten with a gold spoon decorated with white and chocolate-colored diamonds, which can also be taken home.


4 comments:

Kelly S said...

hmmm...wonder how many of those they've sold?! It was so nice seeing y'all again and spending time with you. My kids enjoyed being with yours. Sorry David couldn't be with us.

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Oh my goodness!! This is the only hope for me to stop eating chocolate. I am so glad all of the yummy stuff doesn't cost this much. I can't imagine it tasting any better than the desserts that Esther makes. Does that comment earn any "brownie" points for me?

Eileen said...

My goodness and it doesn't even look good. Sorry! As much as I like chocolate. How did you come up with that one? Thanks for sharing.

Esther Hilling said...

I didn't think it looked very appetizing either. Quite an oxymoron, frozen hot chocolate??

Sherilyn, you are correct, I'd take Esther's baking ANY day! She wanted to post some cookie recipes the other day, I told her not until she makes them first, so I could take a picture. Actually I just wanted to be able to eat some!